Aiming to stimulate exchanges and to support clinical as well as research formation amongst junior fellows with specific interest in the field of Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders, the EADC has established a Resident and Research Fellow Section (RRFS).
Fellows’ candidacy and characteristics.
Each center that is full member of EADC can identify the appropriate fellows who fulfil the following criteria:
- Special interest in Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders
- Being an MD, resident in neurology, psychiatry, geriatric or internal medicine AND / OR
- Being an MD or MSc and performing PhD research in the field of Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders
Board-certified medical specialists and postdoctoral fellows can remain member of the RRFS section till two years following the board certification as a medical specialist in neurology / psychiatry / geriatric or internal medicine or following the achievement of the PhD.
Specific activities for EADC RRFS include:
- Exchange through internship programs, sponsored by EADC
- RRFS symposium on each EADC meeting, sponsored by EADC. During these RRFS symposia, RRFS members will be offered to present data such as recent publications, summary of their PhD thesis or other similar research topics